Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Vivid Elisabeth Rose!

Multiverse's review for Elisabeth Rose by Janus Gangi


I’ve had this on my list of must-reads for some while now, but that mental list gets lost when you look at your Kindle library. I’m sorry it took me so long, but I’m glad I finally got to it…because, as short stories go, this is a humdinger.
It’s almost like to reading a full-length novel there is so much in such a short space! That, by the way, isn’t a bad thing at all, because the richness of the detail, culture and legends leaps off the page at you and draws you in.
I like how Janus Gangi draws two separate times and tales together, using the method of bards of old, and the telling is vivid and intense. Read this slowly to savour the detail, and if you get a bit lost, no worries, go back a bit to re-savour it! Elisabeth Rose is an excellent starter, I believe, to the main course – the Stolen Moments novels (which I can’t wait to sink my teeth into!).
Even now, hours after finishing it, I can see the Taurus Mountains, smell the devastation of Jericho…and the little twist in the tale at the very end will stay with me for a long time.



No comments:

Post a Comment